Comment from the Ambassador
The purpose of this project is to contribute to the food sovereignty of countries in the Mediterranean basin by promoting a sustainable peasant and family agriculture which preserves the environment, values the farming profession, contributes to climate-change resilience and responds to the consumption needs of the local population.
The three specific objectives are:
- Supporting trainers and local associations in their activities of raising awareness and providing agroecology transition training to local communities - Reinforcing the technical and educational capacities of the trainers
- Stimulating an exchange and experience-sharing network
Terre & Humanisme was created in 1994 and contributes to the dissemination of the scientific knowledge of agroecology techniques in France as well as abroad.
The project beneficiaries will be 12 rural trainers, 7 local partner structures and their members, 600 farmers and 1,500 people such as other farmers, students, associations, and consumers, as well as various national promoters of agroecology (associations, universities, institutions)
Impact / Main indicators
A first impact assessment will be made in September 2021. Expected results include:
• Appropriation of agroecology techniques by local farmers
• Sharing agroecology experience among farmers and raising awareness of civil society
• Improvement of the trainers’ skill